Monday, October 27, 2014


Even though life can be difficult and complex, effective people strive to be their best selves most of the time each day. There are no formulas and no easy answers for everything in life. You simply can’t go through life without failures and disappointments. You can’t invest in relationships and think that you will never get hurt, have misgivings, or make mistakes. This is part of the process of growing, learning, caring, letting people be and leading a steady and purposeful life. You are the sum total of your experiences up to now. As your experiences multiply with time, you grow and become a different and, hopefully, wiser person. Your perspective will change over the years.
Are you ready to live the life you’ve always dreamed of? If your answer is yes, read my book, BECOME YOUR BEST. Take responsibility for your life and apply the principles and techniques outlined in this book. BECOME YOUR BEST draws from my experience and those of other experts, providing a practical and effective approach to living a more meaningful and fulfilling life. No matter where you’re starting from, you can work at creating a life that you truly love. Consider the possibility of living a fully integrated life – physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, financially and spiritually.
If you want to lead a meaningful, purposeful and fulfilled life, you need to make wise choices. Your choices cause results. You reap what you sow; you can make better choices and have better results. For example, if you want to become a better public speaker, then you could choose to join a Toastmaster club near your city. All these choices need you to take decisive actions. They take efforts and commitment on your part. I know that only about 5% to 10% of the readers of this book will actually check out Toastmasters International. The other 90% to 95% people will find some excuses for not being able to do so. Instead of giving up, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, and something to inspire you. It is only through perseverance and some sacrifice that effective people succeed in life. Be one of them, and become who you want to be.
            On your way to becoming who you want to be, ensure that you are in alignment with your core beliefs and values. Do your best to live with integrity, and to live an authentic and purposeful life.
Excerpt from my book, BECOME YOUR BEST.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Why I published two books in 2014

I published two of my books in 2014. Notice that I did not say I wrote two books in 2014. Recently I completely updated my bestseller: Become your Best. In addition, I also got it translated into French: Realisez votre plein potentiel.

In March 2014, I self-published them in Mauritius. Why were they printed and published in Mauritius. Well, because I have a very good friend who has a good printing business in Mauritrius. Through my contacts, I had a lot of publicity in the newspapers and on radio in Mauritius. Become your Best was already a bestseller in Mauritius after it was first published in 1997. As most people in Mauritius speak French, I was advised to translate my book. It took me over sixteen years until my recent retirement to finally embark on my book translation project. Realisez votre plein potentiel is selling very well and is also projected to become a bestseller in Mauritius too.

Why did I write and translate my book? For the simple reason that I needed to learn and research the principles of personal management and development for myself all these years ago. It took me eight years from my first writing to publishing it in 1997. To date, I have not seen a book which has as much practical and useful advice, techniques and strategies on how to make the most of your life as my book: Become your Best. That's why I updated it and published it again in March 2014.

These two books and my third book, Putting People First, are available in Mauritius at BookCourt and Le Cygne. You can also purchase them from me directly: