The way to manage your job hunt stress is to develop a strategy.
- Determine your goals and job targets.
- Have an action plan and implement it with discipline and perseverance.
- Track down job leads through effective networking.
- Develop the confidence to sell yourself and your skills and attributes at the interviews.
In this economy, a job hunt can be a frustrating process. I know because I am going through it right now myself. That's when a positive mental attitude and a healthy self-esteem are crucial.
Using my own advice, I have just been successful in finding myself a new position, as Director, Planning and Priorities at the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. I attribute my success to a lot of factors:
- Setting clear and smart goals
- Having a positive mental attitude and perseverance
- Being coached and mentored
- Having supportive networks
- Having my family and friends solidly behind me.
Good luck to all who are still looking for a new job.